Client: Highways Agency, Skanska, Jacobs
The scheme objectives are to improve road safety at this notorious junction by relieving congestion and help separate local traffic from long distance traffic. The proposals also aim to improve conditions for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders between the local villages around the junction area.
Our work has included:-
- Advice on the statutory process and environmental compliance in terms of methodology and legislation.
- Briefing, management and coordination of Moore Environment’s team of environmental specialists including archaeologists, ecologists, noise, air quality and land use specialists, geologists and hydrologists.
- Production of a comparative environmental assessment and appraisal of 5 alternative options for the scheme in accordance with Department of Transport’s webTAG.
- Full EIA of the preferred route and production of the ES and Non Technical summary.
- Specialist role of landscape architect in preparation of detailed environmental proposals and landscape scheme including extensive landscape planting, habitat creation, soil management and sustainable drainage.
- Collaborative working with design engineers and contractor’s team and a key input into the scheme design
- Preparation and attendance at the public inquiry as expert witness in March 2013
- Programming and management of advanced works including archaeological investigations and protected species mitigation
- Detailed design of environmental mitigation measures
- Advice to main contractor and management of environmental works onsite
If you would like to know more please download our case study…