Client: GJP Marinas
Moore Environment acted as Environmental Coordinator and Landscape Architect for the production of Environmental Statements to support planning applications for 3 proposed inland waterways marinas in Warwickshire and Oxfordshire.
Each marina development included berthing for approximately 200 boats, a marina facilities building, boat workshop, road access, associated footpaths, landscaping and car parking. Each site had significant environmental constraints, particularly with regard to biodiversity and protection of water quality for the adjacent canals. They were also subject to considerable public scrutiny and opposition to the proposals.
For each scheme we initially prepared an environmental Screening Request and a subsequent Scoping Report. We then managed the formal EIA process and publication of the ES and Non Technical Summary.
Our work included:-
- briefing and coordination of all environmental specialists
- advice to the client and input to master planning of the site
- full Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment
- preparation of environmental proposals and landscape scheme
- management and attendance at stakeholder consultation meetings including the Local Planning Authority and Environment Agency
- preparation of photomontages
- quality control and compilation of relevant chapters for the ES from each environmental specialist.